Tired of that 3-hour snowmobile ride that you end up back at your doorstep? Come to experience Namushka Lodge and have your own “Outdoor Adventure, Your Way!” Namushka Lodge is an easy 2.5-3 hour ride from town or a short 25-30 ride from Reid Lake campground. It’s the perfect place for a family reunion, a weekend getaway, or as your base for a weekend of snowmobile or cross country skiing adventure.
How Do I Get There?
Getting to Namushka has never been easier! If going for a good ride is your plan, snowmobile from town and enjoy Yellowknife’s local trails. Leaving from town you can head to Duck Lake (behind Dettah), to Mason Lake. Continue east on to Jenne John, then north on to Reid Lake. From Reid you are a mere 25 minutes from the best-kept secret Yellowknife has to offer. Once on Reid head southeast to the end of the lake. From here you will be following the old Bull Moose mine road. It is a well-beaten trail that leads you to the north tip of Harding Lake. (Click to see map) For those who want to trailer your machines to Reid Lake campground, within 30 min you will be enjoying all the comforts that Namushka Lodge has to offer.
What can I do once I’m there?
Snowmobile the endless trails around the area. Head out with your fishing gear and catch a fresh lake trout for dinner. Don’t forget to bring your camera and tri-pod for some of the most amazing aurora you will ever witness. After the Aurora, head back into the main lodge and slip into the hot tub to warm your bones. The adventure is limitless once you are there!
What’s Included/ What do I need to bring?
- Accommodations and full use of all facilities, including kitchen, hot tub, BBQ, etc.
- Bring your own snowmobile, fishing gear, camera, and warm clothes.
- We’ll supply the ice auger. Gas and some oil will be available for guests to purchase.
- Bring your own groceries from Yellowknife.
- Namushka Lodge is open for winter stays from late February through April (weather permitting).
- For a winter a getaway Namushka requires min 4 guests and a 2 night stay.
- Stay with us for $350 per person/night. Rates will vary based on group size and duration of stay.
- Reservations will be confirmed upon receipt of a 20% deposit. We accept payments by e-transfer, credit card and cheque.
- Groups of 7 guests or more can reserve Namushka Lodge for their exclusive use.